About

Thursday 7 March 2013

Winter Slumber




Winter winter winter - I can appreciate the snow but I cannot wait for warmer weather. I have been doing my best to wander around outside though, and enjoy the wild snowy-ness. I found this wonderful sweater for a dollar yesterday, as well as a few other treasures. I will share them later perhaps.



A friend from school has a wonderful song about winter, called Winter Slumber, and the verses are just beautiful:

There is no blanket for this northern land 
But the comfort of the cold white snow.
The golden hues falling leaves me breathless
Calling for a new glory to shown.

You said you saw pictures in the waves in the water,
Have you ever seen diamonds in the snow?

Praise God from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him in spite of coldness here below.
As winter slumber makes the earth
Awake in triumph at the call of birth.

The warmth is coming back. 







No comments:

Post a Comment