About

Sunday 3 March 2013

Waiting


Sometimes I feel like I am always waiting for something. For something to happen, for spring, for inspiration to strike, for the opportunity to travel again. I want to seize the day, to take advantage of each moment that is given to me, but sometimes I just lack the motivation. Creativity comes and goes in spurts and stutters, it cannot be forced, and I just have to be okay with that and live in it when it comes. 
Inspiration struck just the other day, and I have been going on a kind of sewing streak. I went to Mozambique in 2008, and came back with a bunch of fabric. I finally took a sheet and did something with it, and this dress is the result. 








2 comments:

  1. I love the overall outfit, the shoes and scarf really compliment the dress

    http://gingerchestnut.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- there is just something about red that makes everything better.

      Delete